I was mucking around with Audacity, listening to songs in reverse. For the fun of it, I put on everyone’s favorite song, Blurred Lines. And shockingly, I heard something I had never expected to hear. Robin Thicke was fooling us this whole time. He wasn’t trying to be misogynistic, he wanted us to listen closer to the song and understand that he in fact does believe his lady partner needs to be treated with the utmost respect.
You might find it VERY hard to believe, but I implore you to listen very closely (with headphones if you can, because it can be hard to hear). The message I’m talking about comes in around the 30 second mark.
After the 30sec mark I just kind of stared at my wall for the rest of the song trying to accept what I just heard.
What would it be like if the U.S. was war torn like Syria? A new video by international NGO Save the Children imagines just that, through the eyes of a young girl:
The disturbing video features shots of the girl as she goes about her normal life over the course of a year. The video begins and ends with the child celebrating her birthday. Between shots, we see how her life changes dramatically as war ravages her country.
THIS IS SO IMPORTANT WHY DOES IT ONLY HAVE 32 NOTES
No CGI. It’s all practical work. Sploosh.
Don’t need no computers for magic to work! Yeahhh! Awesome!
this is the coolest thing…
So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
6x03, 6x21, 9x10
The one time Castiel lied to Dean. And the two times he didn’t. ♥
This is the first time I analyze this gif set and the one to the left really breaks my heart. We know Dean had spent a year with Lisa and had completely retired from the hunting life. So although Cas saw Dean and even went to him for help, he didn’t want to bother him because he thought Dean was happy like that. Dean, who had not prayed to Cas anymore, who had not called him at all, who had decided to live as a civilian, did not need Castiel, was happy without Cas. OR SO CAS THOUGHT. Therefore, the first time Dean prayed to Cas in months, MONTHS, because he needed help, Cas was bitter. Of course he came because Dean called, but he didn’t need Dean to know that. He didn’t want Dean to know that he was always waiting for the moment when Dean would call him again. So what if Sam called? Dean was not calling. Dean had to be the one to call, so when he finally did, Cas went to him as soon as he called BUT tried to hide his desperation to be with him again and that’s how we got the: “You think I came because you called?”
OH CAS YOU FELL SO HARD FOR THIS HUMAN!
Reblogging again for the flawless meta.
5 of the Creepiest Sites You’ll Visit Today
1. Neave.tv - The page is titled “Television Without Context” and features a constant loop of videos ranging from bizarre security camera scenes to voiced-over cartoons.
2. Sentimental Corp - The homepage alone will leave you wondering if you should go further. If you want to be confused and slightly disturbed, then the answer is yes. The gif-like icons at the top of the page redirect viewers to pages such as “Goat Worship”, which features a 30+ minute video of a demonic Ronald McDonald.
3. MarbleHornets - An introduction video plays automatically, explaining the story of a young filmmaker named Alex. Alex was working on a project when he suddenly dropped it and requested that the types be burned. He later disappeared. The channel owner posts various video entries that were left behind by Alex.
4. The Dionaea House - The site’s owner, Eric, has posted the lengthy, super creepy email correspondences between himself and a friend (Mark) who receives word that their old friend Andrew was involved in a murder-suicide. Mark timelines his investigation of their hometown and the house that he believes drove Andrew insane. (I highly recommend reading these.)
5. Magibon Project - You can see this one for yourselves.
For more sites: [x]
You always stop at the same part, when it’s very beautiful.